Users Cant login to web help desk

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Users Cant login to web help desk

Postby Blackdisk on Mon May 17, 2004 9:33 am

All of the tech's can login but when any of the users try to login it says invalid username. Is there some sort of setting in iis that may have been changed for these users to not be able to login?
Are there anythings that i can check to determine if something may have been accidentally switched?
We are in the middle of deploying a new web application could something we changed for this program made login not possible? Thank you for you speedy response.
Blackdisk

Postby mhull on Mon May 17, 2004 4:22 pm

Were users able to previously log in?
mhull

Postby VTBanker on Tue May 18, 2004 12:38 pm

I am having the same problem. I am just getting this setup and I have Windows Authentication enabled but when I go to a users desk and try to get in it comes up with Invalid Username or password. If I read correctly, this should automatically create the user account in AN. What setting am I missing? Our users aren't the brightest when it comes to passwords so I didn't want them to have to use a password to log a help ticket.
VTBanker
Senior

Postby Isaev on Wed May 19, 2004 3:04 am

I have a similar problem. This is double impersonalization. For explanation see http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/using ... ntKerberos

This is a bug of MS :(
Isaev

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion