Where can I download latest version of web help desk?

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Where can I download latest version of web help desk?

Postby andrew.platt@fiege.co.uk on Mon May 10, 2004 12:04 pm

Umm . . .

Where can I download the latest version of the web help desk please?

Thanks.

(Sorry if I've missed a big obvious link)
andrew.platt@fiege.co.uk

Postby moroz on Mon May 10, 2004 12:43 pm

Users with recent versions of Asset Navigator should execute an AutoUpdate Utility; it can be found at Start > Programs > Alloy Software > Check for Updates. Users with older versions need to contact sales@alloy-software.com to get a link.
moroz
Alloy Software

Web based help desk

Postby wwwhyte on Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:13 pm

The suggested solution (Check for Updates) doesn't work if you've already updated AN to the new version. We've just upgraded from AN ver 4.3 to 4.4 and upgraded the database. When we try to access the User web Help Desk or the Tech web Help Desk it informs us "The database you are connecting to is not of the expected version and may need to be upgraded.
Please contact your system administrator. "
When we again Check for Updates, it tells us we're already up to date. So how do we download the update for both Help Desks?
wwwhyte

Postby mhull on Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:51 pm

Are you running check for updates on the IIS machine? Have you already run it on all Asset Navigator machines?
mhull

Postby wwwhyte on Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:47 pm

Many thanks, missed that bit. The TechHelpDesk now appears to work okay but the UserHelpDesk has a "Error: Access to the database has been denied. Please make sure the your path to the database in global.asa is correct, and the IIS anonymous user account has full permissions to the database. " error.I've checked the path in global.asa and set the permissions to the database but to no avail.

Further suggestions greatly appreciated.
wwwhyte

Postby mhull on Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:19 pm

Was the helpdesk working before you updated?
mhull

Postby wwwhyte on Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:24 am

For some people but not others. All users have an entry in the contacts list but some uesrs were unable to access the help desk but most could. Now no one can.
wwwhyte

Postby mhull on Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:42 am

Please contact support@alloy-software.com with reference to forum ID 2476 for further assistance.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion