installing web interface on Windows 2003

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

installing web interface on Windows 2003

Postby jlowthert on Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:58 am

I am trying to get the website working on IIS 6 and Windows 2003. The installs both fail (tech & user) with the following error:

Unable to open IIS W3SVC Root Object - please ensure that IIS is running - Error Details [Number: 80070003]

I just copied the Helpdesk directory from the old Windows 2000 IIS 5 server, created the application and manually registered the an4hdu.dll file (thanks for that one) and the site seems to work fine now. I just don't want to get into this and find out there is a problem. I would feel better if the install ran smoothly on 2003. Can anyone provide and help or direction in what to do to make this work? Does the 4.3.1 install program work on 2003 or is the only way to get it working to do what I did manually. Thanks!
Jim Lowthert
jlowthert
Senior

Postby mhull on Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:32 pm

This error is probably permissions-related, and we are currently researching possible causes. However, the workaround you used (creating virtual directory by hand and registering the .dll) is fine, so you should be able to proceed.

Please contact support@alloy-software.com with a reference to forum ID 2390 so we can get some specifics from you about your setup.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion