Configuration Error after 4.3.1 Upgrade

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Configuration Error after 4.3.1 Upgrade

Postby dwaugh on Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:53 am

I just finished the upgrade to version 4.3.1. After successfully upgrading the Enduser and Technician Webs I receive the following error when trying to run the Configuration Wizard for both the EndUser and Technician.

When selecting the access database locally on the same PC as the Webs, I receive the following:

"Error while trying to access database C:ALLOYHELPDESK.MDB: Not a valid account name or password"

I am currently logged into the network as the Domain Administrator on that PC, and the access database DOES reside in the path outlined in the error.

Does this configuration just modify the global.asa? I cancelled out of the configuration. Both the Enduser and the Technician webs seem to work fine.

Thanks,
David
dwaugh
Junior

Postby mhull on Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:31 pm

The configuration wizard does only modify the global.asa, so it doesn't matter whether you configure using the wizard, or edit global.asa by hand.
mhull

Postby dwaugh on Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:42 pm

Great. But, I am concerned as to why he wizard gave me the error it did when it was run.
dwaugh
Junior

Postby mhull on Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:09 pm

We'll be glad to help determine why this happened. Please send a screenshot of the screen -before- the error to support@alloy-software.com for further assistance.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion