New Web Users..

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

New Web Users..

Postby ScottK on Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:42 pm

I've recently upgraded to 4.3.2 and have installed the web help desk. I'm very happy that it now will look in OU's other than "users" so we are now going to actually get to use the product!

My question: When a new user enters the users help desk for the first time, and Auto Regisitration is turned on, everything works fine. A new contact is created with their name, and they are able to use the help desk. Their E-Mail address doesn't get filled out though, so they don't get any notifications they would normally get via email regarding the ticket.

Is there a configuration option that I'm missing somewhere? or do we have to manually update each contact with that person's info. The only thing that gets filled in is the "Name" field.
ScottK

Postby moroz on Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:08 pm

Most likely, your Active Directory does not have a support for LDAP protocol. If so, Asset Navigator uses other protocol (WINNT) with e-mail address fields unavailable.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby ScottK on Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:14 pm

We are running an AD 2000 domain. What do you mean it does not have support for the LDAP protocol?

Our AD folks found your statement rather curious as we have several other tools and applications that use LDAP Protocols that don't seem to have a problem.
ScottK

Postby Support Team on Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:47 pm

Our apologies,
The answer indeed makes no sense.

The issue has been passed on to the technical team, and it is currently being researched.

Please contact us directly at support@alloy-software.com for future correspondence.
Support Team

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion