Unassigned Ticket Notification

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Unassigned Ticket Notification

Postby esamatti on Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:24 am

If I go to:

Tools->Administrative->Administrative Settings->Help Desk->Notification Rules, only the following shows up...

New ticket
New Activity
Ticket Assigned
Ticket Resolved
Ticket Closed
Status Changed

But no "Unassigned" shows up. I know there is an unassigned template, but where do I control the notification rules for it?

Thank you.
esamatti
Senior

Postby moroz on Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:14 am

Question: - Who do you want to send a notification for Unassigned Ticket for?
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby esamatti on Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:39 am

Answer: - To email address(es) like the other notifications. Any one we choose to send to.
esamatti
Senior

Postby esamatti on Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:21 am

In our particular instance, we have a person who is in charge of assigning unassigned tickets as they come in.

We want that person to be notified by email when they come in. Just the unassigned, not every new ticket.

So, if one of the techs takes a phone call and opens a new ticket and assigns it to themselves, I don't want a notification sent out to anyone. Just the requester maybe.

Right now we are using the "New Ticket" notification rule and it is working fine, except it sends a notification on every new ticket, we really only want the new tickets that are unassigned to send notifications.

Someone else at Alloy must have understood this because they did create an unassigned template, but it's like they forgot to add the a place where you can edit the notification rules for it.
esamatti
Senior

Postby moroz on Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:03 pm

We will include notification rules for Tickets with status "Unassigned" in one of our next releases. Thank you!
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby esamatti on Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:21 pm

Cool thanks! I can't wait.
esamatti
Senior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion