User accounts

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

User accounts

Postby mijohnst on Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:20 pm

I just found this software and think it's pretty neat with the helpdesk and inventory that work together, but I do have some questions I hope anyone can answer.

First, how do user accounts work? Does it use the windows domain accounts that the person is logged in as or do they have to create an account?

Second, is it configurable enough to remove functions that you don't need such as the purchasing parts?

And Third, can addon's or hacks be used in the helpdesk function to add more categories?

Thanks again! Very exciting stuff.
mijohnst
Junior

Postby mhull on Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:44 pm

Q) First, how do user accounts work? Does it use the windows domain accounts that the person is logged in as or do they have to create an account?

A) You can use windows integrated authentication, or database accounts, whichever you choose

Q) Second, is it configurable enough to remove functions that you don't need such as the purchasing parts?

A) You can't really control which components are installed, but you can customize your Start Page to provide access only to components you are interested in

Q) And Third, can addon's or hacks be used in the helpdesk function to add more categories?

A) If you are trying to add options to the Categories dropdown, or any other dropdown, you can do so through Tools->Lookup Tables
mhull

Postby mijohnst on Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:02 am

By more categories, what I mean is that I want to allow the self-serve users to have more options. For instance, I would like to have a drop down category of the following:

Category 1 selection:
Site ---> Site1, Site2

Category 2 selection:
Problem --> Computer, printer

It sound like the help desk only allows one drop down category though. That or I can't figure out how to added more trodden selections.
mijohnst
Junior

Postby mhull on Thu Mar 25, 2004 2:52 pm

Normally sites are associated with users, not with help desk tickets.

Anyways, it is not currently possible to modify what fields are displayed in the help desk web interface.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion