What i need, sorry what i really need

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

What i need, sorry what i really need

Postby LegaultM on Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:09 pm

I need the user to be able to see all the open ticket sorted by priority. The way we work is by priority and when a ticket is assigned to a tech, the priority is set to.... whatever and i need the users to see the list of tickets so they stop "bugging" us about when are you coming to fix my computer, that way they see that other problems might be more important than theirs and become more understanding about waiting a bit!!

Can someone tell me how to do this, and i don't want the answer saying, it can't be done in version 4.2 but maybe in 4.3 whenever it come out!!!!
LegaultM
Junior

Yeah

Postby SuperTester on Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:34 pm

Yeah that's great i would also like to be able to get that feature!!!
SuperTester

Postby mhull on Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:12 pm

We have no plans to add this functionality to the User's Web Help Desk at any time in the future.

The reason is that the functionality is already provided in another of our products (the Technician's Web Help Desk.) Anyone who wants an overview of all tickets must log into that interface.
mhull

Postby Support Team on Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:11 pm

Besides, it is not really an IT department's responsibility to report to the end users. What you probably should have in place is a well defined response timeframe, such as 2 hours for urgent issues, 4 hours for high priority issues, 24 hours - for normal priority. The users should not be "bugging" you before the established timeframe elapses.
Support Team

Follow up

Postby LegaultM on Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:57 pm

Depending on the demands, response time may vary quite a bit, plus having them see all the requests in front of theirs makes it possible to log on a default user account and select their name from a list of users without having to login

i tried to get the windows authentication working but never got it to work
LegaultM
Junior

tech help desk

Postby LegaultM on Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:23 am

Yeah that's nice giving acces to the tech ehlp desk for the users!!! Let's remember they are users not techs.
What about that reply saying it isn't IT's responsability to report to the end user??? I don't know how you guys do things overthere but over here customer service isn't something we take lightly, we do everything we can to satisfy our customers!!! how about you!
LegaultM
Junior

Postby mhull on Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:48 pm

We definitely take customer service very seriously here. Many of our clients can attest to this, due to the enormous number of features we have implemented as a direct result of customer requests.

However, taking customer service seriously does not mean implementing every feature request that is submitted. What it means is that we carefully evaluate each request according to a wide range of criteria.

A piece of software such as Asset Navigator is an extremely complex organism. Any 'improvement' always has the potential for negative impact. This is especially true of your request - it is not simply something that we could add in. You are asking that we break the distinction between 'user' and 'technician' that is the foundation of of the current web interface design. According to this distinction, it is the responsibility of the 'user' to submit requests and monitor the status of their own requests. It is purely the responsibility of the 'technician' to take in the bigger picture and determine ticket priorities and so forth. The technician's responsibilities in this model do not include providing the user with information on the bigger picture on a day-to-day basis.

We base our software on this model because it is the operational model of most help desk organizations. Of course we realize and respect the fact that certain organizations (such as your own) are an exception to this standard model, and will always make acommodations when possible, but we must respect the needs of the majority of our customers.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion