Cannot Login to Helpdesk

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Cannot Login to Helpdesk

Postby M2006 on Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:23 pm

Hi,

I have setup an evaluation version of the web helpdesk module (both users and technician) and whenever i try to access the websites they both come up with this error (with Simple HTML error messages turned off in IE).

Microsoft VBScript Runitme error ‘800a01f4’

Variable is undefined ‘Session’

/Helpdesk/include/tools.asp, line 417

I am unsure if this is a problem with IIS (Version 5.0 on W2K Server) or if it is a problem with the software configuration. Although i have been able to access other websites on this IIS server.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Jim
M2006
Junior

Postby mhull on Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:12 pm

This indicates that session state is turned off in IIS. It is turned on under the App Options tab in the virtual directory properties.
mhull

Postby M2006 on Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:07 am

Thanks that worked...

But now when i try to log into the Website it says:

Login Failure for user 'labadmin'. Reason: Not Associated with a Trusted SQL Server connection.

Both IIS and SQL are installed on the same PC, and my global.asa file is configured to 'Basic' and 'Standard' ...the DBLogin and DBPassword are set to the Domain Administrator account (labadmin)...

DBServer & Database are both configured to point to the same database as the asset navigator software.

If i try and configure it with 'Off' and 'Windows' i get the following error:

Your Login is not associated with a Contact Record

Thanks!!

Jim
M2006
Junior

Postby mhull on Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:15 pm

You have two entirely unrelated issues here:

-Windows Issue-

This indicates that you have a User Management record, but haven't associated it with a contact record. Go to the properties for your UM account and populated the User Name field to fix this.

-Standard Issue-

Sounds like your SQL server is in NT only mode, so Standard auth simply won't work. You need to change to Mixed mode. The 'mssqlmod.exe' utility in the AN bin folder can do this.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion