updateable query?

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

updateable query?

Postby speeks on Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:22 pm

Getting the following error when creating a ticket in HelpDesk:
Ticket has not been submited - Operation must use an updateable query

Also get the folling error when logging into TechHelpDesk:
Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user

I just installed AN and have looked through the forum, but didn't find any answers. The global.asa files are in C:Program FilesAlloy SoftwareWebHelpDesk and TechHelpDesk.

Thanks for any help!
speeks
Junior

Postby mhull on Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:45 pm

This indicates a permissions issue with your database file- probably whoever is trying to access it has read but not modify permission to it. Some of the following may help:

Give Everyone Full Control to database folder and share

Move the database files to the IIS machine and put a local path in global.asa

Make IUSR part of Domain Admins
mhull

Postby speeks on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:15 pm

Gave Everyone Full Control to the database folder. That fixed the HelpDesk problem.

The database files are on teh IIS server, and the local path is in the global.asa files under both, HelpDesk and also TechHelpDesk.

Made IUSR part of the Administrators group. The server is in a workgroup and not part of a domain. However still getting the same error message.
speeks
Junior

Postby mhull on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:16 pm

Close all copies of AN and see if that makes a difference for logging into tech helpdesk.
mhull

Postby speeks on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:21 pm

I have no copies of AN running and even shutdown the audit loader.
Still get the same error. Checked running processes under Task Manager and don't see anything hung out running.
speeks
Junior

Postby mhull on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:54 pm

Make sure that the database path in your two global.asa files are precisely the same.

Also, make sure that techhelpdesk virtual directory Directory Security settings are as described in documentation for whichever Authentication type you are using.
mhull

Postby speeks on Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:40 am

Fixed! The problem was in the path. Do I feel silly. Missing the 4 after Asset Navigator. Thanks for all you help! I really appreciate it.
speeks
Junior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion