Customizing the Web Interface

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Customizing the Web Interface

Postby pklima on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:29 pm

How much tweaking are we allowed on the web interface?

My particular question situation is that I have a significant portion of users who log in under a general AD logon to access a Citrix portal to our apps. Enabling the auto registration gives me nothing useful... all users appear the same and are not.

I don't need nor want the users to genereate a new login. Security on this database from the users is not needed. Their portal is the limited web interface which provides sufficient detail.

I have imported their information into Contacts. I would like to make page to drop down the Contacts list and put the selection into their new tickets or into their choice to view tickets associated with that name. There is no need to secure my users from viewing other people's tickets (and would actually be helpful for a manager to view ticket activity for their department). We flat out have nothing to hide from the users, nor them to hide from each other.

I can bypass the login screen altogether and run under a single generic login (with reporter level security). I can get a drop down to pull the Contact information. I cannot get the selected Contact to propogate for new tickets, or filter tickets viewed.

Suggestions?
pklima

Postby rogerssa on Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:58 pm

I was curious about this as well, I'm wanting to hack this all up to allow anyone to log in then chose thier name from a drop down box.

This give me the ability to allow anyone access to helpdesk without the need of windows athentication that we can't do because they are on differnet boxes.
rogerssa

Postby mhull on Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:07 pm

We don't support any modifications to the web interface .ASP code. You can attempt such modifications on your own if you wish, but once you modify the help desk you may no longer be able to upgrade it or Asset Navigator any more.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion