Change Ticket Status

Open discussion about the Asset Navigator Web HelpDesk

Change Ticket Status

Postby wiz on Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:58 am

I would change the ticket status (Unassigned, Assigned....) to other values, but if I try to change I receive an error on new ticket submit by web user about
COLUMN FOREIGN KEY 'FK_HD_Tickets_HD_Ticket_StatusHD_Tickets' tablw 'HD_Ticket_Status', column 'Status'

Then if I change the value and I open the ticket History I cannot see the status color on the ticket

Any suggestion?
wiz
Junior

Postby mhull on Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:42 pm

what version/edition are you using?
mhull

Postby wiz on Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:25 pm

Originally posted by mhull
what version/edition are you using?

The last one. I bought Asset Navigator Enterprise Edition (version 4.2.4) twenty days ago.
wiz
Junior

Postby mhull on Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:43 pm

Please explain exactly what you mean by the following:

'I would change the ticket status (Unassigned, Assigned....) to other values,'

Does this refer to changing an individual ticket's status? Or making changes in the Lookup Tables menu?
mhull

Postby wiz on Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:17 am

I have to translate the values. So I have to change the values in the SQL HD_Ticket_Status Table. Right?

If I change the value UNASSIGNED I receive the error on a new ticket request by a user:
COLUMN FOREIGN KEY 'FK_HD_Tickets_HD_Ticket_StatusHD_Tickets' tablw 'HD_Ticket_Status', column 'Status'

If I change other values I don't receive any error, but I lost the possibility to see the color, and to apply filter as "HIDE CLOSED" and so on..
wiz
Junior

Postby mhull on Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:12 pm

You should not change any part of the Asset Navigator database directly. Rather, you should go through the Asset Navigator interface. If you want to change dropdown list values, use Tools->Lookup Tables.

However, it is not possible to alter the four default ticket statuses. You can add new ones.

We are working on translating the application. Anyone interested in helping should email sales@alloy-software.com and let us know what language(s) you'd like to assist us in translating.
mhull

Postby wiz on Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:59 am

I would help you on translation and I've just send you an e-mail... ;)
wiz
Junior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Web HelpDesk Discussion