Huge Database backup

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Huge Database backup

Postby MikeDixon on Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:18 am

Asset Navigator appears to be creating a huge 11Gb backup everyday. The SQL DB called Assets is around 75MB but there is another backup, held in the SQL backup folder that is around 11GB.

What is this file? Is it something native to AN? I'm new to this product so having deleted the file only to find it there again the next day is rather frustrating.
MikeDixon
Junior

Postby moroz on Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:06 pm

The application itself does not create any backups. You can backup the product database using our tool (dbbackup.exe) or MS SQL Server tool (Enterprise Manager or a similar tool). Most likely the backup in your question is for SQL Server logs. I recommend that you contact Alloy Support (support@alloy-software.com) for more assistance.
moroz
Alloy Software

SQL did it!!

Postby MikeDixon on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:55 am

After a more thorough search through SQL I found a sheduled job with some code that was creating this file.

Once disabled the file is no longer appearing.

Sorry to waste your time :/
MikeDixon
Junior

Re: Huge Database backup

Postby Melba2010 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:44 am

Backup database would always be essential in order to protect the essential data that you need to run your business.Database backup can be done through a remote file server for increased business security.Database backup on a remote server has several advantages over a local one. Your data are stored in a secure place outside of your house or business location, which will give you more peace of mind.Database restore service provider, there are some features which you will have to consider would be continuous protection for your data.

esxibackups like that
Melba2010

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion