Duplicate Software Products

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Duplicate Software Products

Postby planit on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:08 am

Running AN Professional v4.5.3 build 1602. We have a number of duplicate entries in software products. The only difference in one of the software product lines is that it shows Total Licenses > 0 and the other line shows the Total Licenses as blank. All other fields are identical. Making a change to one of the products, eg changing the version from say 6.0 to 6.1, updates both products. Running a compact & repair makes no difference.

I have a workaround to create the actual output I need using a "NonBlank" autofilter on the total licenses and using quick print preview. But, is this a known bug and is there a fix available?
planit

Postby moroz on Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:33 pm

This request is being worked on. We will update this post with a root cause and the resolution.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby moroz on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:44 pm

Asset Navigator 4 displays the software product records twice when you create both types of software licenses for the same product. This behavior was corrected in version 5. As a workaround for version 4 I recommend to have one type of license per software product ('per User' or 'per Site').
moroz
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion