missing fields

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

missing fields

Postby gravesb on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 am

I'm missing the field name "Manufacturer" in the field name list... thus none of my audits are loading manufacturer info. "Manufacturer_ID" is there, (actually assigned to "<system>") but how can I get "Manufacturer" back in the list?
gravesb
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 pm

Did you have a chance to click on 'Default'? It should reset all settings within the 'Field Mapping' form to the product defaults.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby gravesb on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Yes, I did do that.

However, there is no entry for "Manufacturer" only "Manufacturer_ID" which is not able to be edited.

When I attempt to add it, and look for "Manufacturer" from the drop down list, it is not there.

I want to tell it where to get the Manufacturers name, as that field is staying blank when I load audit data. The Manufacturer IS in the DMI info on the computers, but the data loader is not finding it.
gravesb
Junior

Postby pille on Wed May 02, 2007 1:55 pm

gravesb wrote:However, there is no entry for "Manufacturer" only "Manufacturer_ID" which is not able to be edited.

Actually Manufacturer doesn't exist as an available field mapping. Only Manufacturer_ID. I guess this is because Manufacturer is not technically a field in the computer record. Instead it's just a link to a Company record where the Manufacturer checkbox is checked off.
Contact Technical Services directly:
support@alloy-software.com
http://support.alloy-software.com

Paul Ille
Alloy Software
Maximize your IT Universe
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alloysoftware
pille
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion