How to import list of contacts into Contact

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

How to import list of contacts into Contact

Postby Lim Chin Choon on Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:13 am

I have a Excel spreadsheet consisting of Name, Department, Section, Login IDs and I would like to use the Table Import functions to import into Contacts. I have already imported Department names into Department catergory. Please advise.
Lim Chin Choon
Junior

Postby moroz on Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:13 pm

You should select "Persons" in the Import Object drop down list for version 5. Please note, the Import Wizard requires you to provide at least Name and Display Name values for each person you import. The Department, Section, Login ID are not in the table "Persons". The Import Wizard can update one table at a time and it does not support relations between tables. I recommend that you use the Active Directory Import instead. Please feel free to contact support via regular channels if you need more details.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby Lim Chin Choon on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:33 pm

Hi, I am using Version 4.3.1. There is no Person category. It is only contact.
Lim Chin Choon
Junior

Postby moroz on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:12 am

You should import into "Contact" is version 4.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby Lim Chin Choon on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:38 pm

Yes, I did try to import into Contact table but my question is how to import Department into contact table as there is no field for Department in the Contact table. Department is a separate table on its own. How can I relate the users in the Contact Table to Department when performing the import ? Thanks.
Lim Chin Choon
Junior

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion