Auto Generation of Computer Asset Tags

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Auto Generation of Computer Asset Tags

Postby conrad on Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:21 am

Please Please Please could you include Auto Generation of asset tags for computers as well as peripherals.
At present, we populate the Asset Tag with the serial number of the machine. This way, if the machine name changes, the asset stays the same but just get a new name. However, some computers do not detect the serial number. Thus, these computer will never be added.

The auto generation field does not need to be the Asset Tag field. It can be one of the User Defined fields. As long as I can label something like: Unit Type + Dept + Year of Purchase + Month of Purchase + Auto Number Increment. eg PCHR0406-4

Is this an option?

Many Thanks
Conrad
conrad

Postby moroz on Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:50 am

'Auto Generation' is included for Assets (computers and peripherals), Help Desk Tickets and Purchase Orders in the latest versions of Asset Navigator. You can resolve a possible conflict with generating Asset Tag based on a serial number using Deployment Wizard ( 'Asset Tag Options' ). For detailed information please invoke help (F1) from a corresponding form in Deployment Wizard.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby conrad on Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:41 pm

Thanks but I am nor sure if we are talking about the same thing. I am afer the Auto Generation of Asset Tags as found in Administrative Settings > Other > Auto Generation. Not the actual auto registration of equipment.

As for the serial number problem, this is outlined in http://www.alloy-software.com/faq/index ... =8&q_id=94 .

I am using version 4.3.1 Build 1526.

Thanks
conrad

Postby conrad on Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:36 am

Soooo......any chance of this happening? Auto Computer Asset tags that is?
conrad

Postby moroz on Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:14 pm

Computer and peripheral asset tag auto-generation is already present in Asset Navigator. Thus, your request is still unclear. Please contact to feedback@alloy-software.com with exact details on what your request differs from the feature already there.
moroz
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion