Helpdesk templates

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Helpdesk templates

Postby Avkooij on Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:28 am

Because there are no templates for making a change with more activities. I thought to make the user Template and make them myself by copying a ticket, but then the copy is empty.

Example a change for a new user.
- Ticket for new account
- Ticket for placing a pc
- Ticket for placing a phone
- etc...

This would be a great improvement for us.
Avkooij
Junior

Postby moroz on Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:48 am

You can specify the service request type in the field "Category". For example, drop down list Category may have:
- New Account
- Install-PC
- Install-Phone
- etc...
You can easily manage a content for field Category in Lookup Tables (Main Menu > Tools > Lookup Tables).
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby Avkooij on Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:24 pm

You can specify the service request type in the field "Category". For example, drop down list Category may have:
- New Account
- Install-PC
- Install-Phone
- etc...
You can easily manage a content for field Category in Lookup Tables (Main Menu > Tools > Lookup Tables).

Thanks for the tip, but already use that feature, what i would like is to create tickets from templates with activities within them. When a new user comes several things has to be taken care of. As workaround would be enough first to copy a ticket with everything inside, but when i copy it stays empty. The ticket becomes then more like a change.

Kind regards,

Antoine
Avkooij
Junior

Postby moroz on Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:37 pm

Will it be better to store a list of activities that must be done in the Knowledge Base article? In this case you can retrieve the solution each time you need. What edition do you have?
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby Avkooij on Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:32 pm

We now what to do, that is not the problem. I would like to assign with one ticket to more technicians what to do whe n the new employee comes working with us for example. Whith templates i can save time when i make the ticket with more activities for several technicians. The feature is not on board yet and this is just a suggestion for improvement. I still have to make the tickets when i look at that Knowledge base like your suggestion.
Avkooij
Junior

Postby pwpaton on Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:18 pm

One of the problems with the suggestion by Support Team L1 is that the only way to copy the KB article to the ticket is by clicking the "Solved" button. Doing this automatically sets the Ticket's status to resolved. As we're just creating the Ticket, it's not resolved yet. Actually, I can't think of a situation where you would want to set the status to resolved by copying a solution from the KB. It seems to me that you're just trying to determine what needs to be done by looking at previous Tickets and KB articles and if you find one that fits the situation, copying the solution to the Ticket. You still need to actually peform the work. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the flow of the process as the Ticket is handled by a technician.
pwpaton

Postby moroz on Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:56 pm

Dear Customers,

This feature (Helpdesk templates) has been scheduled for implementation in version 5. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!
moroz
Alloy Software

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion