Please submit your ideas for new reports!

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Postby reneep on Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:37 pm

A report listing all of the fields in a particular lookup table would be nice. For example, a report where I could print out all of the various job titles on our campus, or a report of all the types of peripherals we support.
reneep

Postby reneep on Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:26 pm

I'm not sure if anybody else has ever needed this, but it would be nice to have a report to compare hardware between 2 computers. Like when the report first ran, you could select the 2 items to compare and the report would print out the basic hardware of each side by side. Even just one report listing all the basic audit info like hard drive space, processor, OS, etc. would be helpful.
reneep

Postby pwpaton on Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:23 pm

You can easily create a list of items in a lookup table by selecting the table from Tools -> Lookup Tables, then selecting either the Quick Print Preview, or exporting it to Excel.

The second suggestion is not possible because the Report Designer doesn't have access to the configuration data in the database. It's stored in binary form. It's a great idea, though.

Patrick
pwpaton

Guarantee/Repair request

Postby BLerch on Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:56 am

A report to request a guarantee or repair of a Ticket-related Asset would be great.

For example, I have a ticket saying a printer or a monitor or whatever is defective while it still has guarantee, and I have to ask some company (notes->company) for a RMA, it would be useful to have some report including this companies address (I was not able to do this by myself yet) and the devices serial, purchase date, error code etc. If there are more than one device related to the ticket, I would like to choose which one I want to print.
BLerch

Software License Problem by Department

Postby ssitandy on Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:42 am

Software License Problem by Department

Software License Problem by Computer / Select by Department
ssitandy

Barcode Label Report

Postby VTBanker on Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:37 pm

Could we have a report that would print off barcode labels of the assets we have in the AN system already. If this printed off on some type of standard label template the same as Avery does within MS Word it would be great.
VTBanker
Senior

new reports

Postby cveniegas on Fri May 06, 2005 11:38 am

I'm not sure if you currently have this but I would like to use a report that let me know every month what software is going to expire.
cveniegas
Junior

Previous

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion