Attached files

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Attached files

Postby g2mxc on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:37 am

It would be very nice if we were able to attach files (PDF,DOC,XLS) in the knowledge base.
We use it for documentation, and thereby we have a lot of installation instructions in PDF.
g2mxc
Senior

Postby moroz on Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:33 pm

Thank you, I forwarded your request to our management team for review.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby moroz on Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:33 pm

Your suggestion has been reviewed and will implemented in one of our next major releases. Thank you!
moroz
Alloy Software

Release

Postby g2mxc on Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 am

That sounds great.

When will you expect to have a new release ready?...

And when will it be possible to buy a software upgrade assurance?
g2mxc
Senior

Postby moroz on Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:08 pm

The upcoming version already passed to our QA department, the estimate for the release - about two weeks.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby condabas on Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:13 pm

You could always just link the attachments into the knowledge base. Thats how we have done it. Just store the files in some folder on the network somewhere and link to them. Works like a champ.
condabas
Senior

Postby g2mxc on Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:13 am

You wrote to me 5 months ago, that it will be included in the next release.

Now I'm wondering when that will be?

It is frustrating that you dont write som future release dates so that we know when to expect the next release. Cause if it takes more than a year, we simply cant wait that long.
g2mxc
Senior

Postby g2mxc on Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:37 am

When will you be answering me?.....
g2mxc
Senior

Postby knowlesd on Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:59 am

Hi g2mxc,

You may find one of my previous posts interesting: http://www.alloy-software.com/forum/vie ... p?tid=2824

I am also awaiting Alloy to respond to this request!

Kind regards,

David Knowles
Group ICT Systems Manager
Hurst Group (UK)
http://www.thehurstgroup.co.uk
knowlesd

Thrustworthy

Postby g2mxc on Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 am

This is by far the worst service I have seen.

I will not recommend anyone who expects any kind of service to buy this product.

As you can see in this thread they promised me about a year ago that they had a new release in their QA which was to be released in 2 weeks, with the improvements I suggested. As by now this hasn't been implemented, and by now they do not answer anymore. This is not the only case, if you look at the other threads I have written, there is a bunch which they have "forgotten"....

Will you atleast respond to this?
g2mxc
Senior

Postby moroz on Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:16 pm

Dear g2mxc,

It seems you have misinterpreted my reply and have been under the wrong expectations.

In the article you will find that there is NEVER a promise made to you in relation to a release date and release number. My answer to you states that your suggestion would be included in ONE of our next major releases and nothing more.

Please understand that Asset Navigator is an extremely complex software which requires the input of many parties before any new functionality is introduced. The reason is because there are testing procedures and quality assurance practices applied in order to keep our customer satisfaction at the highest possible level. And under some conditions our Management team may decide to remove even already approved feature to pass another, highly requested functionality that will serve a wider group of Clients.

Dear g2mxc, you are an IT professional and should understand that I do not have the authority to include any new features or force the development process myself. This would disrupt our development workflow and complicate our organizational structure.

In the future please refer to our official sources for updated software features and releases which are the sections 'Latest News,' 'Newsletter' and 'Press Releases' on our web site. The information provided by these sections is the most reliable as it pertains to our most recent developments from our leads.

Please note we do not monitor this section daily and if you need a quick response please contact our support team directly. And again, in most cases I can't provide an answer right away, Customer requests will be collected for review. This is a major reason for a delay in answering.

At Alloy Software we take customer service seriously. Customer satisfaction and building a strong customer rapport is a fundamental building block within our organization. Many of our customers can attest to this due to the enormous number of features we have implemented as a direct result of customer requests.
moroz
Alloy Software

Postby g2mxc on Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:11 am

Hi Suppor Team L1.

I do understand your answer, and offcourse it is a complex task to develop new features and make these pass through QA. But it seems to me that a very limitedpercentage (<1%) of all the features your customers ask for is implemented. By now none of all the ones I have asked for has been implemented.

The information under latest new etc. is only valuable when a new version HAS BEEN RELEASED. I think you should write when you expect your next release date, so the customers would know when to expect some updates.

Take a look at your post:

posted on 3-2-2004 at 18:33
Your suggestion has been reviewed and will implemented in one of our next major releases. Thank you!

Then I have been waiting for over a year now, and this is very poor customer service.. In your newest reply I get the feeling that now I should not expect this suggestion to be implemented? If this is true, then I cannot thrust the answers you write, then I do believe you should write a new reply stating that it is not going to be implemented, so I dont waste my time looking for it.

A long time ago you have made some poll's for different features(Reports etc.). I havent seen any of these implemented yet. Is this another trick to keep the customers expectations high? I do believe you should try to post an answer to all these, what to expect and when.

In all the software development teams I have been working with, it is normal procedure to write down which things to work on, and when these should be done. If your team works like the standard, with a time schedule etc. you will be able to know approxsimatly when a new version is due and which bugs - improvements - new features etc it will include. This would help the customers a lot to know.

I have another thread asking if there is anyway to make the mailconnector connect to Lotus Notes. You clearly state - NO. There is no way a customer can misunderstand this answer.
But again this is a feature I would like for you to implement.

Is it possible to buy the source code, so we are able to implement all these features we need? I guess not :-) But then a really nice feature would be to make it in supersets, so we are able to change some code, but you will control the frame etc. This way all your customers will help develop new features - And you can have alot more to be passed to your QA department - so in a new release you will have a lot more features to sell to the customers.
g2mxc
Senior

Postby mhull on Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:45 pm

You seem to have gotten the impression that we do not take feedback from users seriously. This is a pretty ill-informed opinion, considering that most features in Asset Navigator were originally designed based on user feedback, and every feature has been improved based on user feedback. Of course this does not mean that we implement every suggested feature; in fact, Asset Navigator would be a very low-quality product if we did implement all features without first subjecting requests to a rigorous evaluation, and only implement features which meet a certain standard.

As for your assumption that the Knowledge Base attachments feature will not be implemented- I'm not sure how you determined this, but in fact nothing has changed regarded this feature. It is still scheduled for one of the next major releases. To clarify, a major release is one where the leftmost version number changes, such as 5.0 or 6.0. We can't say exactly when this or any other feature will be implemented until the release in question is finalized. When it is we will announce the release and a list of expected features well before release. As, for instance, we did with 4.5, which was announced in our Directions newsletter along with details about included improvements over a month before it was released.

As for a source release of Asset Navigator, we are currently not planning on such a release at any point in the future.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion