Permissions Issue?

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

Permissions Issue?

Postby brucekneece on Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:00 pm

I have gone through and customized my technician role in AN 4.22, to allow them to edit existing tickets, but to dissallow ticket deletion. Problem is, oftentimes our technicians take the requests for service from the end user via phone (I know, the web interface takes care of that, but we still have some people that just love to call ;-) ), and if they can't change the requester to match the user unless I give them Administrative level access to the help desk, which unfortunately also allows them to delete tickets... I would think that Edit permissions includes changing the requester... any way around this.. .if not, please add this capability (maybe even an extra checkbox in the Role setup) to the next patch release... thanks!
brucekneece
Senior

Postby mhull on Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:31 pm

We will consider changing this functionality in a future maintenance release.
mhull

Postby pwpaton on Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:17 pm

Have there been any developments regarding this request? I just discovered the same thing in 4.3.2. Our techs are unable to enter a ticket on behalf of the "true" requester without the Administrator role. This is not a great situation.
pwpaton

Postby mhull on Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:06 am

This feature may be added in version 5 (release date undetermined,) which will include more flexible permissions.
mhull

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion