i/o error

Open discussion about our Asset Navigator application

i/o error

Postby isamoylov on Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:58 pm

when installing installing adtagent manually on client workstation test machine, audit starts but stops with i/o error code 103. Any ideas? cheers peter
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:52 pm

Most likely, the output directory for the audit data does not have the WRITE and CREATE permission.
Check the access permissions on the AuditData directory (or, if you are using command line parameters to start the Audit Agent check permissions on the target directory).

Best Regards,

A-Navigator Support Team
Support Team

I/O Error

Postby isamoylov on Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:05 am

I get this all the time as well when running ina32.exe

Tends to mainly happen on early windows95 releases and has never appeared on a win98 or above os. So i wondered if this is to do with Fat16/32 possibly, or the it just doesn\'t work on first release of 95.

Bit of a pain as I was hoping to purchase this and implement it throughout the company, but it just seems to error on all of our early 95 machines.

I have tried running from floppy, hard drive etc and all the permissions are fine so it is definately not that.

Any suggestions folks, if so please email them to me at andybramley@ntlworld.com

Thanks
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Postby Support Team on Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:08 pm

Thanks for the additional information!

Reasonably, the earlier release of Windows 95 could cause the problem. We are going to try to reproduce the problem in our environment (if only we can get a hold of this release). Otherwise, our technical team might need to contact you directly via e-mail for more details.

Best regards!
Support Team

Def early Win95 causing problem

Postby isamoylov on Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:33 pm

Just to keep you updated, I have tried this program on about 20 or so machines today since my previous post.

Every machine that error\'d was running an early version of 95. Any later version of 95 had no probs at all. Had about 10-12 fails this afternoon, all exactly the same - unfortunately we have a lot of early copies of 95 in use so my audit and software evaluation turned into a bit of a nightmare.

If there is an update or solution for this, please let me know as I like the product but it would be impossible to use in its current state.

Thanks

Andy
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Win 95 problem

Postby Support Team on Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:48 pm

Our technical team is trying to reproduce your configuration. We will keep you posted.

Thank you!
Support Team

Win 95 Issue

Postby isamoylov on Tue Jan 29, 2002 10:51 am

Having the same issues. A \"fix\" on the way?
isamoylov
Alloy Software

Win95 issue

Postby Support Team on Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:56 am

This issue is fixed in release 2.0 of Network Inventory Navigator.
The fix will be included in the next release of Asset Navigator shortly.

Best regards.
Support Team

Return to Asset Navigator 4 Discussion