Top Reasons to Upgrade
Alloy Discovery Express 7 offers numerous performance, and usability improvements. It also significantly expands its functionality in the following areas:
- Support for latest versions of Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and virtualization platforms
- Detection of latest versions of productivity software
- Support for latest versions of virtualization platforms
- Improved SNMP support
Support for the latest versions of Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Alloy Discovery Express 7 supports the latest operating systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview
- The Inventory Analyzer in Alloy Discovery Express 7 supports OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 El Capitan
- Alloy Discovery Express 7 can recognize and audit hardware configurations of various virtualization platforms including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX, VMware ESXi, Xen, and Citrix XenServer
Detection of latest versions of productivity software
- MS Office 2010, MS Office 2013, SQL Server 2014
- Latest versions of web browsers, including Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
- Latest version of Adobe's creative products
Improved SNMP support
- Alloy Discovery Express 7 fully supports SNMP version 1, 2c, and 3, and automatically applies appropriate SNMP credentials during the audit.
- Greatly improved performance of SNMP discovery and audit.
- Improved accuracy of detecting hardware type.
- Alloy Discovery Express 7 collects and visualizes information about printer supplies, such as ink and toner.