Comprehensive Network Inventory Solution for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
Alloy Discovery® is a comprehensive network inventory solution for network administrators and IT service providers, advancing the Alloy Network Inventory™ product line with next generation technology. Targeted for small and medium business environments, it offers a compelling menu of best-in-class features and usability, delivering accurate and up-to-date information in a matter of minutes from the moment you install it.
Alloy Discovery allows you to take control over your hardware and software inventory with an array of audit methods and strategies. Now you can effortlessly gather accurate, complete, and in-depth inventory of your entire network using the agentless on-demand audit for Windows domain and workgroups. You can also deploy the new agents for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS to automatically audit your computers on ongoing basis.
Alloy Discovery enables you to:
- Remotely audit Windows, Linux, and Mac OS computers on the internal network at your request;
- Schedule automated audit of networked Windows, Linux or Mac OS computers;
- Identify networked devices (printers, scanners, network routers, hubs, switches, etc) and capture SNMP data;
- Manually audit standalone computers using a flash drive;
- Accurately track the hardware and software information in your organization;
- Analyze the hardware and software inventory data with advanced filtering, grouping and sorting techniques;
- Plan hardware upgrades with a comprehensive list of installed device drivers, PCI slots, hard drives, and memory modules;
- Identify potential security violations with a complete inventory of startup entries, shared folders, and mapped drives;
- Pinpoint software issues using consolidated event logs;
- Perform various network management tasks right from the interface of Alloy Discovery;
- Generate reports and charts from your inventory data;
- Publish interactive drill-down web reports on your Intranet;
- Export inventory data in XML, HTML, CSV, and Excel formats.
What's New in version 5.1
The new version 5.1 features the following significant enhancements:
- Agentless on-demand audit of computers running Linux and Mac OS;
- Discovering computers and network devices via SNMP;
- Automatic agentless audit on schedule;
- Collecting security information on Windows computers;
- User-defined fields for maintaining custom information about computers and devices;
- Creating and managing new reports and charts;
- Support for languages requiring Unicode characters;
- Added several pre-configured external tools;
- Enhanced conditions for including computers in dynamic computer groups;
- Added the ability to compare two computers;
- Enhanced preview pane for audited computers.
Version 5.1 is offered as a free upgrade for Alloy Discovery customers who have a current maintenance plan. An upgrade path is available for users with expired maintenance plans and users of previous versions, including Alloy Network Inventory version 3 and 4. For information, please contact email@example.com